Dr. Monica Obniski, DMD
Dr. Obniski is a recent graduate from graduate from Midwestern University’s College of Dental Medicine located in Downer’s Grove, Illinois. She is a very caring and compassionate provider for her patients. Dr. O’s ultimate goal is to help improve her patient’s health, confidence and educate them about oral health care. As an avid learner, Dr. Obniski is always interested in continuing her dental education through courses and meetings. Her practice philosophy is patient-centered care with evidence-based dentistry.
Education and Continuing Education
- Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine, Doctor of Dental Medicine, Graduated May 2017
Honors: OKU Dental Honor Society
- University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee, B.S. Biological Sciences, Minor: Chemistry, Graduated May 2010
Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Dean’s List
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon – Beta Epsilon Chapter
- Chicago Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Dental Arts Club, The Polish Dental Society of Chicago
- Academy of General Dentists
Dr. Obniski grew up in Chicago before moving to Wisconsin in her adolescent years. After graduating from college, she returned to Chicago for dental school and eventually took a position with our office. Dr. O grew up speaking Polish, and this has helped her build relationships with patients in the neighborhood she practices in. Dr. O has traveled to Nicaragua for a dental mission trip, providing free care to adults and children. She has found this to be a very rewarding experience and would like to continue to take mission trips in the future. She enjoys volunteering and giving back to her community. Each year she participates in Mission of Mercy, which provides free dental care to the underserved population in Illinois.