Abderlrahman Salem, DDS
Board Certified Specialist in Orthodontics
I have always found great pleasure in helping others achieve their goals in life by giving them a beautiful smile. I value the opportunity and the trust my patients are giving me to help them make this life-changing experience. I like treating my patients like family, and I feel honored that they selected me to be their orthodontist. I enjoy treating both children and adults with metal braces, clear braces and Invisalign. Nothing makes me happier than seeing the pleasure I bring to my patients after finishing braces.
Every year I attend many courses and conferences to stay up-to-date with the latest orthodontic innovations and techniques. As a Board Certified Orthodontist, I feel it’s my duty to be involved in the research and continuing education that allows me to provide the best treatment options available to my patients.
Education and Continuing Education
- Doctor of Dental Surgery DDS Degree, University of Jordan and later worked as a teaching and research assistant.
- Residency in Orthodontics from the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
- Certificate of Orthodontics and Masters of Science degree in Oral Sciences, UIC
Dr. Salem is certified by the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO), the highest certification in the specialty of Orthodontics. In addition to patient care, Dr. Salem is active in clinical research at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). His research interest is in three-dimensional (3D) cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT). He has a publication with the title “Implementation Of Ultra-Low-Dose CBCT for Routine 2D Orthodontic Diagnostic Radiographs: Cephalometric Landmark Identification and Image Quality Assessment” that was published in one of the leading Orthodontic Journals in December 2015.
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)American Dental Association
- American Board of Orthodontics (ABO)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Illinois State Dental Society (ISDS)
- Chicago Dental Society (CDS)
Dr. Salem is a native of Jordan. He and his wife and their son now call Chicago home. He enjoys traveling with his wife, discovering different cultures and meeting new people and giving back to the community. Dr. Salem is a guest lecturer at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). He also guides students who want to follow a path to dental school.